Overview of the new Pennsylvania Fireworks Law
Use of Consumer Fireworks in Pennsylvania was outlined and passed in PA House Bill 542. State legislators repealed the Fireworks Act of 1939, replacing it under Article XXIV, Section 2404 of the Tax Reform Code.
In Section 2404, the following apply to the use of Consumer Fireworks
- A person who is at least 18 years of age may purchase, possess and use Consumer Fireworks.
- A person may NOT intentionally ignite or discharge Consumer Fireworks:
- on a property without express permission of the owner.
- within (or throw from) a motor vehicle or building.
- by throwing them into, or at, a motor vehicle, building or another person.
- if under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance or another drug.
- within one hundred fifty (150) feet of an Occupied Structure (a structure, vehicle or place adapted for overnight accommodation of persons or for conducting business whether or not a person is actually present).